We can't wait to share a long over due recap of a very special event we sponsored for Mother's Day 2018....A Brand New Mother's Day.
Flash back to February 2018 at the annual Galantine's Day event hosted by Duluth Loves Local. After hearing Miranda MacAleavey from Safe Haven Shelter and Resource Center speak about the organization and their needs, we knew we had to do something. Fortunately, our besties, Jes Hayes and Emily Modin from Mad Chicken Studio Photography, felt the same way. Together we developed a concept for an event to both collect donations (financial and physical) for the shelter, as well as pamper the women and their children, we just needed a date and a location...
Enter Clyde Iron Works and the generous hearts of Alex and Toni Giuliani, who graciously offered us their amazing space on the second Sunday in May - Mother's Day. What could be more perfect than the chance to honor these survivors on a day they typically dread. We immediately ran with this plan, invited CASDA, a shelter from Superior, WI to join in and the rest was pure magic. This is what we did....
- Created an Amazon "Wish List" for critical items for the shelters and resource centers. Over $3,000 in donations were purchased and given directly to the organizations from this list. A special shout out to the amazing women from the Duluth Boudoir Photography Facebook Group for showing up huge with Amazon donations!
- Raised over $3,000 in cash donation to go directly to Safe Haven and CASDA
- Collected over 50 bags of donated, gently used clothing that was set up as a "boutique" for the women at the event
- Received new donated items from Maurices, including shoes, bags and a large variety of clothing
- Complied Swag Bags for each mother at the event with donated products from - Mary Kay, Wild Roots Body Care, Duluth Coffee Company, Duluth Mom's Blog and Northland Special Events.
- Created a Children's Play area with donations from A Sweet Event, Doucette's, Engwalls, Legacy Toys, The Vineyard Church, The Duluth Balloon Company and Clyde Iron Works - Over 80 Children enjoyed the event
- Created a Women's Pampering Area with hair and make up services from WITC, Hustle & Heart Salon and Mary Kay - Over 60 mother's enjoyed this calming environment
- Fed all of the mothers and children a lovely meal from Clyde Iron Works and The Duluth Moms Blog, decked out with linens, florals and decor donated by Northland Special Events and Fleurtation
- Treated the children to ice cream from Mrs. Delicious
- Provided transportation to the mothers and children from CASDA from
- Organized over 40 volunteers to work various aspects of the event
- Took priceless family portraits by Jes @ Mad Chicken Studio to document the first Mother's Day in a long time that these women and children would remember fondly
A special thanks goes out to Peter Cpin and family of A Sweet Event for immediately agreeing to take over the children's activities for this event and for delivering an amazing experience for the kids. He is one of a kind. We were also incredibly grateful for the generous donation of Mary Kay products by Independent Distributor, Barb Olson.
This event touched our hearts and souls forever. These women and children truly deserved every moment of pampering, playing, and celebrating. We couldn't have done it without so much community support and we look forward to continuing the tradition for years to come
If you are interested in participating in the 2019 Brand New Mother's Day event, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.